IBC SOLAR – The Company
Solar power systems since 1982
A systems provider for the future of energy
With years of experience and tradition
IBC SOLAR in figures
- Over 37 years company history since 1982
- More than 4,2 GW total installed capacity
- Solar power supply for more than 2 million people annually
- Around 365 employees in 7 countries
- More than 1,000 Premium Partners worldwide
Since being formed in 1982, IBC SOLAR has developed into the leading system provider for PV and energy solutions - with over 3,7 gigawatts installed capacity, seven international subsidiaries and projects throughout the world.
Its scope ranges from solar parks which feed electricity into the grid and self-consumption systems for business owners and private households to off-grid PV systems and local storage systems.
We are among the pioneers of the renewable energy industry and have played our part in developing solar energy into a real alternative to conventional power generation.
We are still a 100% family-owned company and we stand for financial stability and reliable partnerships. We have been providing our customers with comprehensive solar solutions for more than 35 years: reliable, on schedule and with above-average yields
Udo Möhrstedt launches IBC Solartechnik. As one of the pioneers, he lays the foundations for the development of solar energy in Germany.
The key players in the energy revolution are networking. Udo Möhrstedt and other solar contractors establish the "photovoltaic solar energy symposium" at Banz Abbey.
IBC Solartechnik releases the first solar modules as an own brand.
IBC Solartechnik is given a new name and becomes a stock corporation. The company will operate as IBC SOLAR AG from now on.
IBC SOLAR invests in quality assurance: The open-area test facility for solar modules with an area of 2,500 square metres is opened.
IBC SOLAR achieves a milestone in the project business: One of the world's largest PV roof systems with 3.7 MWp is commissioned at Neue Messe Stuttgart.
IBC SOLAR sets up its own test laboratory to offer its customers even better quality.
IBC SOLAR is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001 for quality management, DIN EN ISO 14001 for environmental management and BS OHSAS 18001 for occupational safety and health protection Udo Möhrstedt receives the Federal Cross of Merit for his pioneering work in the German PV industry.
IBC SOLAR receives the Intersolar Award for solar projects in Europe twice in a row.
IBC SOLAR breaks the 3 gigawatt mark in total capacity.
- In our core markets, we focus all our activities on becoming the market leader.
- We offer our customers high-quality complete solutions for an independent and intelligent energy supply from a single source.
- We use the potential of digitalisation to optimise our processes and offer efficient products and services.
- We provide our partners with an extensive portfolio and future-orientated tools and know-how. This individual support and our brand awareness help business partners to operate successfully in the market. We focus on long-term partnerships and cooperations.
- We have enthusiastic and dedicated employees to whom we offer an attractive working environment.
Respect for mankind, the environment and nature – without exception
Treating everyone with sincerity and integrity
- QUALITY AND SAFETY
Mankind and the environment, the product and its benefits – achieving the optimum together
Responsibility for the environment and the satisfaction of both staff and customers
Social and corporate commitments are worthwhile
Making extraordinary efforts to become an outstanding company
Acting consistently is our promise
Do you want to know more about our values?
The IBC SOLAR quality promise
Certified high quality for high-yield systems
A solar power system is as good as the installed components and the work behind it. IBC SOLAR systems and solutions are at the highest level thanks to our strict quality standards. We ensure these standards through internal inspections and independent certifications and audits.
This means your system works for you for more than 20 years. Reliable, error-free and with the best possible yields.
News and press at IBC SOLAR:
For journalists and media makers
Please find the latest news on our company in the press section. In addition to images, background information and contact partners, we offer you links to our wide range of multimedia.